Thanks to a sizeable donation from the Alex & Elizabeth Wholly Lewyt Charitable Foundation, the NH Humane Society is excited to announce a FREE spay & neuter service to the public. The Lewyt Fund Spay & Neuter Program is open to residents of all towns.
The Lewyt Fund Spay and Neuter Program is open to Cats & Dogs aged 3 months to 6 years. Dogs must not exceed 50 pounds (with some exceptions for male dogs), and cannot be brachycephalic breeds (i.e. squished noses). Applicants should provide current vaccination status for the pet; all animals must be current on rabies and distemper vaccinations, if not they can be done with surgery at no cost.
All animals will have a physical exam by our veterinarian prior to surgery, checked for external parasites (fleas/ticks, ear mites, tapeworms) and treated accordingly if needed. All animals will receive a nail trim with surgery, and ear cleaning if indicated.
Surgery procedures are handled by appointment only, on Tuesdays per the following schedule:
Drop Off: 8:00-8:30am
Pick Up: 4:00-4:30pm
Payments for elective procedures are due in the morning at drop-off. Cash and credit cards are accepted; no checks please.
- Heartworm Test (for Dogs) $25
- FIV/FeLV/HW Test (for Cats) $25
- Microchip $25
- In-Heat Cat Spay $0 (No in-heat dog spays, must wait 3-4 weeks after their heat cycle)
- Cardboard Cat Carrier $5 (Cats must be in a carrier)
To Apply for the Lewyt Program: You can apply online, or by downloading and submitting a form.
• Application Form Download: Click the 'Download Application' button below, fill out the downloaded form completely, and return to the Humane Society using the instructions on the form.
• Online Application: Complete each of the fields below. If you are applying for more than one animal, enter a value of 1 through 5 in the field provided (5 animals maximum); a set of fields will be generated for each animal. When all fields have been filled/completed, click the 'Submit' button; your application will be processed by our veterinary staff.